November 25, 2011

Bottle shaped card

Hey there! Today I want to share a card that I made for my dad's ex-boss on his retirement.
My mom and dad wanted me to make a card in a different shape so I came up with a bottle shaped card.
Here it is...
 As you can see I also made a matching envelope with the card.
 My dad had sent me the wordings for the card, so I stuck the greetings on the right inner side and made a tag for the left side.
 The tag can also be used as a bookmark later.
A close-up of the front side...If you see carefully, the flourishes are actually the negative part of the punched border used for the envelope, which we normally discard. Also the little stars added on the greeting inside is from the punched border.
Challenges entered:
ICR Challenges: ICRC12 - Dots & /Stripes + tag
Card Makin' Mamas - Sentiments
Rainbow Lady's - Cards for Men
Stampavie and More - #156 anything but square

EDITED: Sharing the template I used to make this card.

16 comments:

  1. Its gorgeous ...
    Lovely color combination.
    The font and flourishes are perfect.
    Simply stunning !

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow indira such an interesting shape and the card looks just superb!!you have added details so well...love the tag/bookmark and the envelope you have created...this is so creative:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good idea for a mans card :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very beautiful card!! loved the shape and the matching envelope and all the extra details.A perfect card for a Man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow pretty awesome. Like the colors n the elegant look too.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.com
    http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.com/p/shop.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tag bookmark idea and such a soothing color.
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awsome, love the design on front and inside, nice job!!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a unique card! Love the shape.. the color.. perfect male card... Even I tried using left overs of punches but they are too tiny to handle... you made so b'ful flourishes with it... lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card..fabulously male and yet different!! This is truly superb!! Loved the use of flourishes as well as the negatives!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! What a splendid work of art.... I'm at a loss for words.... But like & adore the card for its perfection! And any use of scraps scores a 10/10 from me.... :D

    Ash... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab card and bookmark I love it. Thanks for sharing
    Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely concept.The shades of green have been coordinated so well.I liked the tag hanging at the neck of the bottle. Simply superb:)

    Cheers,
    Durga
    http://durgasartgallery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Красиво получилось!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great card, Indira. for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a lovely card it is. Shape, colors,tag everything is soooo nice.Love It!!!

    Poornima
    http://papercrafthorizon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They mean a lot to me :)

Cheers,
Indira

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...