December 13, 2016

Double Gatefold Card

Hi friends. I am sharing a card that I made as a Guest designer for Mudra Craft Stamps in September this year. This special fold card has been made using the Gerbera Blooms stamp set.







Here's a detailed step-by-step process of how I made these cards:


1. For this card I started out with a 6 by 12 inches white card base.

2. Scored it at 2", 4", 8" and 10". 

3. Mountain fold the 2" and 10" score lines, and valley fold the 4" and 8" score lines.

4. Then I stamped the flowers and leaves from the Gerbera Blooms Stamp set on white CS.

5. I first stamped the outline pieces with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with Ranger Gold embossing powder.

6. For the base layer of the flowers I used Rose Madder ink and for the innermost layer I used Plum ink from Ranger.

7. For the base layer of the leaves I used Leaf Green ink and for the third layer I used Fern Green ink from Ranger.

8. Next, I picked up a few pattern papers from Papermania Blueprint collection and adhered them on to the card base. 

9. I fussy cut all the stamped elements and adhered them on the front panel of the gate fold.

10. The two flowers were glued on the two panels of the gatefold in such a way that they overlapped the other panel on closing.

11. I added two metal brads on two sides of the gatefold to wind the string around it and to create a closure for the card.

12. The twine has to be unwound to open up the card.

13. I stamped the custom sentiment from Brushed Alphas Stamp set on a tag die cut and attached it to one of the brads.

14. Lastly, I added a metal embellishment on two corners of the card front, and glued a die cut in the middle part of the card to have space for the message."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments! They mean a lot to me :)

Cheers,
Indira

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...