February 3, 2014

Upcycled Photo Frame

Hi everyone!! Today I am sharing a photo frame that I upcycled. It was a small square handmade picture frame, with plain bronze paper on it. I thought to make good use of it by experimenting with some mixed media.

I glued scraps of PP on the frame with some mod podge. Coated the PP with some silver acrylic paint. Stamped randomly on the surface and attached some washi tape here and there. Then I used some waste material like red bull lid, broken bracelet, bolts, etc. The two hearts are made from perfume bottle boxes which had shiny cover on them.

Then I used a stencil to create a pattern with modeling paste on two corners of the frame. Once the paste dried up, I colored it using distress inks. Added a sentiment and black pearls to finish the project. Hope you all like my creation.





6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous frame! thanks for sharing what goes in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice idea..Using metal ones to the frame gave it a antique look

    ReplyDelete
  3. The frame is gorgeous Indira, love all the textures esp the recycled bits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful frame Indira ..Fabulous upcycling and I loved that stenciling with the modelling paste you have done !! All those tiny bit and pieces add to the overall look so well !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing upcycling! Great use of the stencils!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They mean a lot to me :)

Cheers,
Indira

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...