March 12, 2012

Card for Holi

Hey people!! How are you all doing? I am feeling a bit low since last week. Not been well and not been able to craft this weekend. That makes me even more low :( Just spent the weekend sitting at home doing nothing! I guess sometimes this is required to get the mojo back.
So today I am sharing a card that I made last weekend for Holi. I was too excited to see the ICR challenge for Holi. The use of misting technique reminded me of the brush painting we used to do in school.  
Let me show you how I created the bg. You must have seen this kind of nylon net on various bottles. I cut it open for use. Since I wanted to make 3 panels in different colors, I took 3 strips of CS and sprayed on them separately.
I have used ordinary water colors and toothbrush for misting. I was quite happy with the result and have thought of many more ideas to use this net. The splashes used in 3 colors are hand-drawn and cut.
Let me know how you all liked my card and my tecnique :)

Challenges entered:
ICR: ICRC16 - Holi With Fuchsia Pink, Bright Green & Bright Yellow! + Use Misting Technique
Digital Tuesday - include a digital element - #151 Think Spring
Try It On Tuesday - Wonders In Watercolours
Lollipop Crafts - White with a splash of colour
Whimsie Doodles - Spring Fling

EDITED: I was chosen as Top3 at ICRC16 for this card.

20 comments:

  1. i really love your take on the holi challenge this is such a beautiful and elegant card i like the way you have created the misted Bg a really fab idea...thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!What a clever idea of misting.Loved the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...very cute indira.. ! I love the misting !! and the cute flowers at the top left is just the perfect finishing touch for this card ! Clever..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the technique,card is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wao.. Really pretty.. love your take on the challenge and the misting technique is just wonderful.. Those childhood days... Who thought tht one day we will be using tht good old brush technique.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty creation. LOve the misting, (very clever idea) n the hand drawn n hand cut shapes of splashes.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in
    http://sudha-kalra.blogspot.in/p/shop.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card......love the style you did with net.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey indira thats a great idea to create bg..love the concept

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great card and I love this technique. I'll have to try it out. Thanks for joining our White and a Splash challenge at Lollipop Crafts this week and good luck.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the splats and the repeating pattern, thanks for joining us at TIOT.Tootles EE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is pretty cool!
    Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts this week!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. great card and perfect for us chalenge - thank so much for playing with lollipopcrafts - hugs joanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is so wonderfully creative and I LOVE the idea to use the netting as a stencil for your misting pattern, brilliant. Thank-you for sharing at Digital Stamp Challenge and I hope you get back into your craft room soon!
    {Hugs} Barb, GDT.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute! Thanks for playing at Digital Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is stunning! and great that you shared your technique too xx thanks for joining in the watercolour challenge at TIOT watch out for the winners and top 5 announced on 27th

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea to create your own mask! Bright and happy, it is perfect for the Spring challenge at Whimsie Doodles. Thanks for joining us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute! I love the big panels of color. So glad you could play along with us over at Whimsie Doodles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They mean a lot to me :)

Cheers,
Indira

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...