Hi everyone!! Today I have another post for the holiday season. There are innumerable ways to make your own Christmas tree. Being a paper crafter, I had to make one with just paper.
Green card stock
Empty aluminium foil roll or any stick for the stem
Misc chipboard and simple stickers for decorating
You can decide to have as many layers for the Xmas tree as you like. It can also depend on the length of the stem/foil roll. I have made 5 layers for the Xmas tree shown here.
1. Cut out 5 circles from the green card stock. I used plates to cut out the circles.
2. Fold each circle into half and open it. Then fold again into half so as to get a cross in the center.
3. Continue to open and align along the earlier lines to make more folds and get a total of 8 crease lines one each circle. This will give you 16 sections on the circle.
4. Fold the circle into quarter and cut out the top portion as shown. This will give space to thread the layers onto the stem easily.
5. Starting from one end of the circle, very carefully fold along the crease lines to get one valley and one mountain fold (fan fold).
6. This will form one layer of the tree as shown in the pic above.
7. Once all the layers are ready, arrange them onto the stem and decide the placement.
8. Remember not to cut open the topmost layer as it will sit on top of the stem.
9. Glue the layers from the center onto the stem.
10. The tree is ready to be decked up. I initially stuck just a few plain star stickers on it. But later on added more chipboard elements to decorate the Xmas tree. I also made a star with glitter foam sheet to stick on the top of the Xmas tree.
Hope you try out this very fun and interesting project. Also do check out my post on DIY Snowman.
Here's a peek of how we have decorated our living room for Xmas this year!!
Wishing a very Happy Holiday season to all my friends and blog followers!!