August 5, 2016

Altenew Persian Motifs Glitter Overload

Hi all. This card was made for Altenew's June challenge but I felt it wasn't good enough to enter the challenge, hence didn't post it then. If you overlook the design of the Altenew Persian Motifs stamp set, on its own the card looks fine. I put in a lot of hard work for this card but it didn't turn out as intended. 

I started by heat embossing the design on watercolor paper and then stamped the sentiment above it. Thereafter, I filled in the pattern using very fine glitter from Pie Lane. I added glue into the tiny spaces in the design and that is where some of the details of the design got lost. But on the whole, if you see, the design looks fine.

Once the glitter part was over, I watercolored the background using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens. Then I felt the design got lost with watercoloring around it, so added yellow highlights in the spaces which was not filled with glitter. 

Lastly, I finished off the card with some ink splatters and sequins.

Here's a glimpse of how I added the glitter on the pattern....

I would love to know your views about the card. Thanks a lot for stopping by.


Thank you for your lovely comments! They mean a lot to me :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...