June 9, 2014

Handmade flower with no tools

Hi there. I made this tutorial for my GD post at Lulupu. I had won the Feminine Card Challenge #30 for my Tall card with handmade flowers and was thus invited as GD for this fortnight.  These are the flowers for which I have compiled a detailed photo tutorial. They are all made using different colors of distress inks.
 
Although there is no dearth of readymade flowers from various brands, I still prefer making my own flowers. That way you never out of stock and you can customize them to suit your project size and color. The pictorial below gives detailed step-by-step instructions to make the flower.

The current challenge at Lulupu is to create a Card/LO based on this sketch.  
 
So I decided to make a card using this sketch. I have used MS fence punch to border the embossed paper panel.  Then I used a square frame die cut and scalloped heart die cut as the base and placed the flower arrangement on it. The leaf flourishes are stamped and fussy cut. Finally, for the finishing touch, added the dew drop pearls from Pie Lane.


Challenges entered
Imaginations#1 - Anything Goes With Distress Inks
Card Mania - Flower
CSCC #4 - Wedding and with floral inspiration

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful handmade blooms Indira !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Indira!! These handmade flowers are super awesome.I´m a big fan of handmade flowers and I feel my card incomplete without it. Thanks for the tutorial...i m going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and easy to make flowers Indira..thanks for the instructions for making them..your project is so cool:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Indira, These are really very pretty... but more than that loved your card...

    http://funzycraftygifts.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!!I have reached to semifinal rounds of gallery idol( Round#4) please visit my site and vote if you like my card.
    http://handmadecardsbyarchana.blogspot.de/2014/06/gallery-idol-round-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful flowers!!!!Thanks for sharing with us on CSCC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are superlative blooms...thank you Indira for sharing detailed tute...I will definitely make these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indira, I loved the way u created these gorgeous flowers, ur card looks amazing :) thank you for sharing with CSCC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Indira. I love your handmade flowers. Thank you so much for joining us at CSCC. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG so stunning. Love the blooms. TFS at CSCC. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely flowers!! And A big thanks for the tutorial too!!!
    You make amazing flowers Indira!!
    Thanks for playing along in the IMAGINATIONS challenge!! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous flowers!! Thank you for sharing the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They mean a lot to me :)

Cheers,
Indira

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...