April 16, 2012

Color blocking technique

Hi Friends!! I was too excited to post this card based on last week's Mojo Monday #236 until I found out that I missed the timeline. Ditto for the card I made for Card Patterns :(
Nevertheless, I am glad I could make 4 cards this weekend. And I loved both these sketches a lot and the cards I have made are very different from the usual stuff that I make.

The inspiration for the color combo for this card is the color blocking technique. I loved this new combo which I would have not tried otherwise. The pretty PP that you see here is a RAK from Mallika which came just in time to match this card I would say. The flower is made using a template I found from net. It can be easily made without the template as well. The template had 3 layers and I added a readymade flower in the center.
 Another view..
I am starting a new section in my blog and will be sharing Freebies and Templates with you all. So here goes the first template for this flower. Please note that not all the stuff shared in this section is made by me. I will also be sharing stuff that I find on the net with full credit to the source.
This pretty template is from Maria. She also has some interesting tutorials on her blog. Do check them out.

Have a nice day!!

Challenges entered
CAS-ual Fridays - CAS - Choose 2 opposite colours from wheel
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Ribbon or Twine
Craft Your Passion - Die Cuts and Punches
Lollipop Crafts - Spring Fling
Ooh La La Creations - Bold and Bright
Whoopsi Daisy - Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes - Anything Goes
Ribbon Carousel Challenge - must include spooled item - #49 Use Bright Colours

19 comments:

  1. Oh wow your card is so beautiful i love the color blocking you have done and that flower is simply gorgeous!!!...so sorry you missed the deadline for the challenges ... this beautiful creation is a winner anyhow for me :)
    and thank you so much for sharing the template...will have to try this out sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty card n flower is so beautiful. nice to hear about your new section of freebies n templates..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card.love the colour blocking and the gorgeous bloom.So nice of you to share templates.makes lif definitely easy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you big flower! Glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Don't forget to 'like' us on facebook if you haven't already :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card, love the colore blocking and the flower is beautiful!!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. B'ful!!! lovely card.. and the flower is so lovely.. Thats a very good idea Indu to share the freebies being offered by talented bunch of crafters out there.. Would love to see what u will showcase next...
    Even I am dead till the deadline.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful use of colors and patterns and i love that flower.

    Thanks for sharing the template :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card Indira...tht flower is so pretty...!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card - that technique has produced a beautifully bold card!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Indira this is both bold, bright and beautiful, the colours, papers and that flower look gorgeous, thank you for joining our challenge at OLLCB
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely card with bright colours.
    megha
    http://www.meghanuj01.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty!! I love that gorgeous flower and thanks for sharing the freebie!
    Mahalo for joining us at Lollipop Crafts this week!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful! Love the different techniques! Thanks for joining us this week at Lollipop Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, that ribbon is gorgeous! Thanks for joining in with our bright challenge over at OSAAT and good luck. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is great thanks for joining us at WD
    Thanks for the template. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab card. Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card Indira, love that fabulous flower. Thanks for sharing with us at OLL this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! They mean a lot to me :)

Cheers,
Indira

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...